Rwanda (Bugarama)- Democratic Republic of Congo (Uvira-Luvungi) – Burundi (Gitega-Gihanga)
- 2009 – 2018: Support to community centers
- Since 2019: Building a culture of peace in extracurricular activities through the Peace and Sport Methodology
Since 2007, more than 4,000 young people aged 9-20 have benefited from the program.
Peace and Sport
Peace and Sport’s role:
- Training seminars to the Peace and Sport Methodology
- Coaching courses in several sports led by International Federations
- Support with sport equipment
- Capacity building: Management and administration trainings with the Directors of the centres and pedagogical trainings for more than 30 educators
- Organization of the Friendship Games each year
- Financial support
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Football, judo, baby-foot, volleyball, netball, athletics, table tennis, karate, taekwondo, basketball and para-basket, baseball5, rugby, teqball
- 45 teachers from 20 schools in Burundi trained to the Methodology
- 700 kids attending to Peace through Sport sessions each week
- Gender equity: 50% boys and girls
2007 – 2019:
- Support of 5 Training Community Centres providing year-round sporting, peacebuilding and cultural activities.
- Access to sport for children and young people aged 6-20 years.
- Job creation: 4 Community centres directors and 20 educators/youth leaders employed full-time at the centres.
- Seminars on Life skills development
- Involvement of International and National Sport Federations, NOC’s and Champions for Peace.