Rwanda (Bugarama)- Democratic Republic of Congo (Uvira-Luvungi) – Burundi (Gitega-Gihanga)
Burundi: 2007-present, DC Congo: 2010-present and Rwanda: 2012-present.
Since 2007, more than 3,700 young people aged 9-20 have benefited from the program.
Peace and Sport and training Community Centres
Peace and Sport’s role:
- Coaching courses in several sports led by International Federations
- Support with sport equipment
- Life-skills teaching through our Sport Simple Manual
- Capacity building: Management and administration trainings with the Directors of the centres and pedagogical trainings for more than 30 educators
- Organization of the Friendship Games each year
- Financial support
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Football, judo, baby-foot, volleyball, netball, athletics, table tennis, karate, taekwondo, basketball and para-basket, baseball5, rugby, teqball
- Support of 5 Training Community Centres providing year-round sporting, peacebuilding and cultural activities.
- Access to sport for children and young people aged 6-20 years.
- Job creation: 4 Community centres directors and 20 educators/youth leaders employed full-time at the centres.
- Seminars on Life skills development
- Involvement of International and National Sport Federations, NOC’s and Champions for Peace.