70 children and young people aged 6-17 who attend educational centres run by Centre d’Étude et d’Actions Sociales (CEAS)
150 people (parents, families and communities)
Peace and Sport and Espace Famille department of CEAS
Peace and Sport’s role:
- Provide technical expertise, lead Sport Simple workshops and implement sport simple activities to youngsters who are part of the CEAS Espace Famille centre
- Capacity building for CEAS staff: organization of seminars for sports instructors, social workers and young members of Espace Famille
- Organize workshops aimed at encouraging inter-generational skills transfer
CEAS is located in northern Nice, in the Vallon des Fleurs neighbourhood. This area is home to a large number of families and individuals affected by vulnerability, isolation and socio-economic hardship. Young people in the area face a lack of sporting facilities and spaces for structured activities, leading to idleness and delinquency. To tackle this problem, the Espace Famille department of CEAS plays a major role in promoting local community life and providing support to the young people outside of school hours. The organization involves locals in staging neighbourhood meals, open-air cinemas, music festivals and cultural outings.
More than a dozen sports including athletics, fencing, basketball and floorball
- Strengthen the skills and capacities of Espace Famille staff members
- Increase access to sporting activities for youngsters
- Create stronger ties between children of different ages: Taking part in sport activities and enabling activities between different age groups encourages interaction, exchange and solidarity among the youngsters
- Promote educational values: the practice of sport activities combines unifying values and a sense of community
- Host of an event with Espace Famille in the framework of children’s rights week. The event gathered children from various schools in Nice.
Our Champions on the field
- Middle East
- South America
BURUNDI – RWANDA – DRC
Peace and Sport with the involvement of National Olympic Committees, international sport federations, local authorities and Champions for Peace, participates in the creation of a Culture of Peace by implementing its Methodology in extracurricular activities and youth centres.