300 children involved weekly in the programs in the city of Antananarivo among which 40% of girls
Pachamama and Peace and Sport
Peace and Sport’s role:
- Introduce new sports in cooperation with International Federations
- Implement Sport Simple Solutions
- Train sport educators able to lead Sport for Peace programs
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Promote Pachamama’s activities through different communication platforms
- Create awareness about the power of sport for development and peace through Champions for Peace
Madagascar is one of the poorest countries on earth. The island faces big challenges in terms of school enrolment, education and formation. Access to sport and culture is very poor for most of the children.
- 1 Rugby educator graduated with the Brevet d’Etat d’Educateur Sportif in France
- 10 rugby educators trained in Antananarivo by this educator
- School attendance of the beneficiaries raised from 25% before the start of the program to 95% today.
- Reduction in early pregnancy among girls attending the programs.
- In the Mananjary facility: 20 farmers trained and employed at the farm
- Celebration of the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace on April 6