- Headquarters address: Baco Djicoroni ACI, Rue 621 Porte 131, Bamako, Mali
- Type: Association.
- Place of intervention: Bamako, Mali.
- Contact: Moctar Sy
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/APJS
- Background: The Association for the Promotion of Youth and Sports was created in 2017 by the athlete Aminata Makou TRAORE SY, Black Belt 4th DAN international Taekwondo Double African champion, Gold Medalist at the African Games in Maputo 2011, and Vice-Champion of the Francophone world. It is an association that intervenes in the fields of youth and sport with the ambition to create a framework for the development and fulfillment of young people and future generations.
- Objective: The APJS has set as its main objective to support the efforts undertaken by the public authorities by offering Malian youth new ways so they can emerge through the provision of training, assistance and aid in the design and management of alternative and innovative sports projects.In its strategic action plan, the APJS 2021 aims to facilitate access to better education, provide quality care and promote sustainable peace in order to create the ideal conditions for Mali to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
– Good health and well-being (SDG 3)
– Quality education (SDG 4)
- Specific objectives:
– To allow young people to express their ideas, projects and initiatives within a framework of exchanges, accompaniments and connections with entrepreneurs and various economic actors;
– To promote women’s sports by facilitating access to sports for women;
– To promote peace and education through sport throughout Mali through local actions involving the populations at risk;
– Facilitate the socio-professional reintegration through sport of young people and children who are not in school, who have dropped out of school and/or who are destitute, by offering them learning and training opportunities in a profession of their choice with experienced and certified organizations;
– Initiate sports projects to fight against the spread of violence in schools and universities;
– Organize an international forum on sport once a year to promote sport among young people and to encourage Malian government authorities to consider the essential role of sport in the development process.
- Context : on August 18, 2020, the former President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita was forced to resign from the office. The protests were violent. Since then, the country has entered a transition phase and reforms are being implemented by the new government. In addition, Mali has to deal with independence groups and terrorist groups that are causing a major security crisis.
- Number of coordinators / educators: TBD trained by Peace and Sport.
- Sport practiced: football.
- Calendar of activities:
October 2020 / March 2021
Initiation of the project
Finalization of the project
Contract between Peace and Sport and APJS
April / July 2021
April : Validation of the contract and appendix May: Launch of the program + training in the Peace and Sport methodology and the Mobile Application June/ July: monitoring and evaluation once a month
July / December 2021
Follow-up of the project
Improvement of the content