Terres En Mêlées
- Headquarters address: 23 rue de Castelnaudary 31500 Toulouse (TEM France)
- Type: NGO.
- Place of intervention: Burkina Faso, Togo.
- Contact: Pierre Gony – Founder / Managing Director
- Website: http://terres-en-melees.com
- Name of the program: ALAFIA
- Summary: ALAFIA, which means “peace”, is a joint project carried out jointly by Terres En Mêlées Burkina and Togo en Mêlées, two associations belonging to the network of Terres en Mêlées’ associations.
- Objective: Contribute to the achievement of the SDGs through the promotion of peace among Burkinabe and Togolese youth through education through sport.
– Good health and well-being (SDG 3);
– Quality education (SDG 4);
– Gender equality (SDG 5).
- Specific objectives: Provide access to quality physical education activities; Promote favorable attitudes for living together, citizenship and gender equality; Reach at least 50% of young girls beneficiaries; Build the capacities of local educational teams and school teachers involved; Promote social cohesion between beneficiaries from urban and rural areas.
- Context: Security challenge and traditional socio-political problems (electoral violence, religious conflicts …). In this context, Terres en Mêlées attempts to design and use educational and inclusive sport tools to promote the values of living together, gender equality, respect for others and social cohesion.
- Number of coordinators / educators: 20 facilitators trained by Peace and Sport.
- Sport practiced: rugby.
- Calendar of activities:
October 2020 / January 2021
Initiation of Peacemakers Program
Finalization of the project
Contract between Peace and Sport and Terres en Mêlées
February / July 2021
February: Validation of the contract
April: Mobilization on the occasion of April 6
May: Launch of the program + training in the methodology
June / July: Monitoring and evaluation once a month
July / December 2021 Project monitoring
July / December 2021
Improvement of educational content