The Friendship Games are held each year in a different place between Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo and Burundi
200-250 children aged 9-18 participating per year
Peace and Sport and the Training Community Centres
Peace and Sport’s role:
- Gather around 250 children from three countries for the Friendship Games.
- Forge friendships and multicultural exchange between youngsters knowing the value of their cultural, ethnic and national origins.
- Build sport equipment from local and recycled material based on our Sport Simple methodology.
- Promote each country’s culture and folklore, through a cultural night.
- Organization of the Friendship Games in collaboration with National Olympic Committees, national and international sport federations and Champions for Peace.
- Coaching courses and peacebuilding seminars in several sports led by International Federations to children and trainers
- Mobilization and participation of local authorities and political personalities
Football, baby-foot, volleyball, athletics, basketball, table tennis, karate and judo, baseball5, rugby, teqball, boxing.
- 250 children gathered every year for the event
- Educators get to make bonds with children from historically rival communities
- Experience competition and discover new sports
- Educators increase their knowledge in sport disciplines and in peace building through sports
- Promotion of Sport Simple Solutions