- Headquarters address: BP 6247, 10 Avenue du 18 Septembre, Rohero 1, Bujumbura, Burundi.
- Type: National Olympic Committee.
- Place of intervention: Great Lakes Region, Burundi.
- Contact: Phocas Mpezindagano
- Website: https://olympics.com/ioc/burundi
- Program name: Great Lakes Program, now Peacemakers.
- Summary: This is a historic Peace and Sport program that falls into the PeaceMakers program. It is located in the Great Lakes region of Burundi.
- Objective: Participate in a peace culture by implementing the Peace and Sport methodology during extracurricular activities.
– Good health and well-being (SDG 3)
– Quality education (SDG 4)
– Partnerships for the achievement of the goals (SDG 17).
- Context: Burundi was marked by violence which led to a long peace process. The country also went through an economic and security crisis in 2015. Since then, measures have been implemented to obtain the maintenance of peace.