Click on the Award to find out more
The Peace and Sport Awards Ceremony is held each year during the Gala Evening of the Peace and Sport International Forum.
The Peace and Sport Awards reward initiatives and people who have outstandingly contributed to peace and social stability in the world through sport.
The winners have implemented projects that are symbolic of what sport can accomplish to create links between divided or opposed communities.
Each year, winners of the Peace and Sport Awards are chosen by a jury of eminent, independent personalities, deeply invested in peace-promotion or the consolidation of peace through sport.
The short-listed projects are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The capacity to be innovative in implementing sport for peace
- Involvement of local stakeholders
- Emphasis placed on sustainability and transfer of skills
- Adaptation to the local environment
- Innovative thinking about what sport represents in the local context
- Quality of monitoring and evaluation processes in the long term
- Cooperation with national governmental and/or non-governmental institutions
- Quantitative and qualitative data reflecting the opinions and aspirations of concerned individuals
- Contribution made to the public debate on the crucial matter of sport for peace
- Flexibility and creativity